Scott Coach - Anna Captain - Ivan Rookie of the Year - Katrina MVP

Wednesday, December 3, 2008


We had a great Thanksgiving meal this year thanks to me. We had some friends over who likewise have no family around. They enjoyed relaxing and playing rock band while I was busy cooking. I don't mind, I'm happy to serve my friends. Anna's favorite item was the sour cream dip for the potato chips. She wasn't interested in the chips, just dip!

One thing I don't understand is how out of hand the "Thanksgiving Dinner" has become. I helped provide dishes for a missionary Thanksgiving dinner, we had a block party Thanksgiving meal on the 23rd, Scott had a Thanksgiving meal at work today, and on Saturday we have a Thanksgiving meal at church! How many times do I need to celebrate this "meal" and provide side dishes?!!!! Can't we just get together without eating?

3 comments:

Heather and Brendan said...

Wow I thought visiting both sides of the family in one day was stretching it. That is nuts! My mantra... it's okay to say no, if not I have a great stuffing receipe that will feed the masses... just make one batch and use it for all your get togethers!

AnnP said...

I love your picture. I can't believe Anna is actually looking at the camera. Maybe I take too many pictures because Catherine just ignores the camera now.

I can't believe how big Anna is, either. For some reason, I just assume everone elses babies stay the same size even though mine is growing like a weed.

I wish you guys were closer! Maybe someday we will be at the same base again. Or, if you guys get out then maybe we will just have to get stationed near you.

peachytiffers said...

That picture makes me want to eat some too!